Monday, April 23, 2007

Fly Me To The Moon


Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen,

Tonight is my last night in Canada for almost a whole week. This is the first time that I will have ever left "the true north strong and free" in my life. And you will never guess where I'm going....


NEW YORK, NEW YORK!

It is going to be absolutly amazing. I just finished packing, and so I'm totaly ready. I have a bag, my sax (which has to sit down below... I'm not looking forward to putting it down there. Blast stupid small carry-on sizes. ) and a bag of cymbals that Mac forgot in my car when I drove him home. Jazz choir was canceled today, so I was feeling lonely and yelled out "DOES ANYBODY WANT A RIDE?" and he said sure, so Mac and I (somebody I've almost never talked to) drove to is place, and then he forgot his stuff in my trunk. Oh well. I'll just bring it to the airport.

And Airports. How I adore them. Anything and everything to do with planes is absolutly amazing. The science behind it all is absolutly facinating, and I wish that I could spend more time in and around planes. But I guess that if that were the case, then It wouldn't be nearly as fun each time I went. It should be quite excellent. I'm really hyper right now, I think it's 'cause of the anticipation, which is weird 'cause physically I'm totally bagged. But none the less. I get to sleep in tomorrow just a slight bit, which shall be a small miracle unto itself. This is the second school trip that I've done that involved airplane travel. I'm quite looking forward to it. There are many aspects of the trip that I am very much looking forward to actually. I'm looking forward to seeing the sights of New York, perhaps even standing on the same stairs that Bird did, the night before he died, the stairs that lead down into the club that he played so many gigs at... Birdland. Perhpaps, taking a stroll down times square, looking from one end of the street to the other, and realizing that countless records, some of which I adore and own, were made, performed live, and danced to by huge crowds, within metres of where I'm standing. I'm also looking forward to the hotel. Especially the first night. Just sorta a day to chill, and maybe have a bit of time alone, to put my head down, and just think, or not think at all. It's something that I havn't done in a while, and I think I'm due for another sesion of it. A bit of relaxation.

But, I have to go now, I need to hydrate myself, find some socks, a hoodie perhaps, and then I'm off to meet a very certain someone, (assuming she eventually calls) and go for an evening stroll down through confederation park. Should be quite nice. By the way, don't let me forget to tell you about saturday... I don't have enough time now, but when I get back, I must recount some of the tales, for that was a day that truly altered my life.

But, it'll be a week or so before I'm back, so

Until the next gig,

John

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home