Thursday, March 22, 2007

So What


And again, here we find ourselves sitting at the computer on a beautiful day wondering what to do. So, lets blog.

Since I last posted, much has happened in my life. As in, Choir Camp, and I caught the plague. Seriously, I thought that I missed it, and then, on thursday, I woke up with a slightly sore throat, and didn't think anything of it. Then, geeze... friday, Mr. Waters walked into the room to wake us up... And I could litterally not move. It was god aweful. Not only could I not move, but my head hurt, my stomach was off, and I felt totaly wasted. And not only that, but I was wearing next to nothing (key word being next), and had to figure out how to get from the top bunk to the bottom (where all my stuff was), without letting the other boys see what I actually look like without many clothes on. (I can think of a few people who will gladly tell you just how hideous it is) I sat in the hot shower for sooo long that morning. I don't care if I was wasting water. It helped. It sorta helped my muscles start moving. The worst though, I had to sing... all day. It was terrible. Sectionals in the morning, full choir rehersal in the morning, and then a few hours of packing / going home, and then a performance at the vocal jazz festival that evening. I was late for All Cities, so I just didn't go. It was convienient. But, being the trooper that I am (not), I still mannaged to find the power from somewhere within me, to go to the university, and meet up with a certain someone, and spend the night with them. It was really nice to see them again. We went for a really long walk... from dalhousie to the cheesecake café, and then from there, all the way to confederation park, and from there to her house, dropped her off, and then I walked home (over 20 blocks). To say the least, I was totaly beat. I don't regret it, in fact I had an excelent time, and I only started feeling sick again later in the evening (around 1045), at which point we went our seperate ways. I totaly gave up on the next day, which was supposed to be filled with rehersals and all sorts of stuff... not anymore. I just slept. Until 3.

And that has been my entire last week. I took monday off (as did Amsco, who caught it as well), and slept, until 3. And the rest of the days have been filled with just general worrying about school / my failings at music / my general health / being late for WE again... and having today off. It's so nice. In the middle of bloody nowhere, we get thursday off. I have to go to school tomorrow again, but it's a short day... despite the fact that I'm going to be there until 8 'cause of the MOAB... geeze-niculas. Anyhow.

And that has been my life. Today Amsco and I were supposed to get together. But we're sick, and she's leaving for portugal soon, not to mention she has about a billion things on her plate right now, so she needs to be in good health. So we didn't. Which sucks, 'cause it was our last chance to see each other alone in pretty much three weeks +... but whatever. We'll find another time to make breakfast I'm sure (which is what we were going to do today). Not to mention we have the almost entire next week of classes.

And there is SEVEN DAYS UNTIL I AM FREE FROM THE RESTRAINTS OF MY INCAPABLE WALKING ABILITIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But that's another story for another day.

I must now go soak my worries into a nice warm bath, and then off to bed. LOOOONG day tomorrow.

And such.

Until the next gig,

John

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home