Saturday, August 19, 2006

The legend of the three tenors

Good day to everyone who will ever bother to take time out of their days to read this... and welcome to my blog-like-thing. I have absolutly no idea why I am getting one, but... that doesn't matter for now.

soooooooooo.

Who is this you may ask... I like to call myself John... but that is not my real name. I am a person... contrary to popular belief... not the little green monster that so many people are familliar with. If you are wondering... yes, I do take the long way home.

My interests include music, biking, working at Co-op, trains, airplanes, my car named Wade, mowing the lawn, eating, Hornby island, fishing, and on occaision, playing video games, such as Halo, and Jedi kight II.

Favorite bands: Pink Floyd, Supertramp, Beatles, Miles Davis quintet, Dave Brubeck quartet, Oscar Peterson trio, Count Basie big band, Duke Ellington Orchestra, Charlie Parker septet, and then a whole bunch of other jazzers who never stayed in one band for very long... John Coltrane, Charlie Parker, Sonny Stitt, Karl Roth, Thelonius Monk, John "Dizzy" Gillespie, and others, not to mention some new guys, like Pat Belliveau, Richard Harding, Gerry Hébert, John Hyde, Jeremy Brown, Tyler Hornby, Ralph Bushmeyer (sp), Ralph Bowen, PJ Perry, Vern Dorges (sp), Bill Mayes, The entire band: Terrain, along with Manic Thematic, and I'm sure that there are others that I'm just forgeting.

Anyways. Yes....

Friends: JJ "The Hair" Crowhurst (he know who he is) plays one mean jazz guitar.... and he helps me get through every day.
Elliot is a drummer, who can play anything you ask him to. We go to cafés and chat for hours. Its always awesome when he's around.
Adam: Jock supreme... very talented athlete, captain of football team and all that stuff. He's good to talk to 'cause he listens real good
Johann. Funniest guy that I know. Likes breaking the rules, but only for fun. He is a blast to hang around with.
Alistair: Trombone... or, French machine gun if you will... very british, and very funny. Also completly oblivious. He's awesome to talk to about sciences, and music. Very nice guy.
Stubbs.... the name says it all... it's been a while, but it was nice while we were still good friends... excelent bike mechanic
Steve... plays one mean bass... going on to study music, I hope. Really nice, and really funny.
Bryan is going to UBC to study trumpet. Super super good. Him and I used to always playfight before classes. He would almost always win. ahhh... good memories.
Everybody at Co-op

there are people who I'm sure I missed, and my appologies for that. but it is pretty spanking early in the morning. for me at least.
Also, those are just some of the awesome things about those people.

So yes

The word Byrd has many meanings to me... That of the animal, that of my favorite saxophonist, Charlie Parker, and that of the most amazing girl ever. she knows who she is. You may need these three definitions, as the word will most likely be used often, and should not be confused with the wrong deffinition. ya.... I miss her...

Anyways, here is where I leave you all!

Unitl the next gig!

Peace, Love, Jazz

1 Comments:

Blogger Calminaiel said...

Yay for blogs! =)

Jazz it up, John...

(signed): Byrd

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home