Thursday, March 08, 2007

Ladybird

Hello all,

Today was a beautiful day.

I was late for wind ensemble, and felt like a total retard, 'cause I missed my alarm. Bloddy ficken technology.... *mutters further under breath* and the physics test that I wrote shortly after that did not go overly well, 'cause it was based on theory that he had only very barely taught us, and so I did most of it the way that I was thinking it should be done. I hope to have at least not failed it. The rest of the school day was pretty good I guess. Relaxing if nothing else. I went home in my spare, which I have never done before. Came back, and then there was a fire drill in english, just before the day ended, which was a welcome relief. (and a nice little jaunt outside in this beautiful weather).

Choir sucked. And that's all I have to say about that. I'm not doing either vocal groups next year, 'cause I'm way way way to busy. I will however be able to tell my sisters grandkids that I was once in every single bloody band that the school had to offer my grade. Big woop. Yay band... except not.

Jazz on the other hand, is most excellent. The bones and saxes had this sweet SfzP cres., with this massive slide in the first bar of the solo section in I've found a new baby, and after just a few goes at it, it was mind blowing (all thanks to alistair, who still leads the bone section, despite the fact that he plays second.) I was just sitting there in astonishment, 'cause I've never heard the band do that. See... we can be as good as Beaverbrook... who cares if they've got all the money. Not to mention that I've heard some interesting runors about next years happeneings with the jazz band. However, I am not to disclose them here, 'cause I'm not sure who reads this, and who doesn't.

And I went for a long drive today with my mom. Some excellent bonding time. It was a really relaxing way to end a hectic week. Overall, today was beautiful. Very much enjoyed. Learned something about a horn player today... should like to see how that plays out. Again, I'll just keep my mouth shut, or in this instance, my fingers still....

And I must now be off, 'cause I'm up early tomorrow to buy reeds, and practice perhaps, and then the pièce de résistance: going to her house to make pie..... oh mon dieu do I like pie. It shall be excellent, particularly 'cause I've never made it from scratch before.

She makes me sooo happy....

Until the next gig!

John

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home