Monday, August 27, 2012

Ég Tala Ekki Íslensku

Hi, Hello, Good Evening,


**Cycling Mountain Passes - East Fjords, Iceland - Copyright 2012**

I sat by a lake tonight - for the first time in a long time. A very long time. The lake was perfectly still - such a stillness that I have not experienced in many months. The reflections of the mountains painted crisply across the surface in a hundred shades of blue. And just before we left, the moon crept up over the ridge and lit the mountainscape behind us. Sound seemed divided - the subtle bustle of Canmore quieting down for the night, and then such a pure silence coming from the lake that it seemed a sin just to think. Three of us sat there for what felt like blissful eternity. Not a word. Nobody asked to be quiet. Nobody suggested that we stand in awe of the beauty before us. We just did. I felt as if we had been overcome by something greater. Something between the three of us was shared that night - not through language, not through thought.

 **Lupins - East Fjords, Iceland - Copyright 2012**

And as the fish began rising in the splash of moonlight on the lake, I suddenly felt comfortable. I felt at peace. With myself - With mother nature - With my compatriots. I could have stayed for hours. One day I will. But we left - a phenomenal evening of climbing (I did my first lead climb!!! By headlamp in the dark!!), great company, and such an etherial moment to cap it all off.

**Íslenskur hestur - East Fjords, Iceland - Copyright 2012**

Goða Nott

-Zigs


"You Are Loved. All Is Well"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home