Saturday, June 02, 2012

Chestnut Eyes

Good Evening,

I find that sometimes the best solution to all situations is to just relax and distract yourself.

I'm not responsible for making her smile. I'm not responsible for the fact that every time she looks at me she smiles a smile that I can't get out of my head. Not for minutes, not for hours, heck, not for weeks.

But I am responsible for the feeling that I am, in the timeless moment that we're connecting - the most desired and adored human on the planet.

Every thought we think is after all, our own distinct choice. I could look at that smile and choose to think otherwise - but not with eyes like those. I guess that in a way this sums up my idea of the idea of love. The idea that love is not the emotion that you feel for another human, object, or experience, but rather the emotion that you feel about yourself when you are exposing yourself to those situations.

Love is the ultimate selfishness. And without selfishness, humanity could not survive.

And the only thing we have in common is that we are human. We don't even speak the same language.

Or that night Adam and I chatted in the car. I couldn't stop thinking about her for days -- I was useless! Sitting there truing wheels at work, suddenly realizing that the rim was nowhere near true. Disappearing back into thought, only to re-emerge with a broken spoke, and the wheel splayed open in front of me laughing.

And then there's that wonderful feeling you get when anybody, male or female, looks you in the eyes the first time you see them, and with a genuine smile, greets you by name. I don't know what it is about that. It makes me feel good, that's all I know. And I suppose that's what life's about - feeling good.

Anyways, sorry, I feel like I'm getting preachy. Also, I have started a very large percentage of these sentences with "and", which indicates that I must become sleep bound.

Goða Nott,

-Zigs


"You Are Loved. All Is Well"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home