Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Beancounting

In a way, I'm not sure why I'm posting right now. I have nothing of value to say.

I just don't want to be owned by you, and that's how it's been for a long time. That's how it's always been. In fact, I can't remember a day when it wasn't like that. I want to be your peer. Your friend. Your equal. You are not better than me, and I am not better than you. It just drives me crazy when you act otherwise. I know I appear stupid, clueless, dumb. I know that you're ashamed to expose me to your friends. I know that I'm worthless to you. In fact, I think I know a lot more about what you think about me then you even know... you don't hide it very well.

No, I'm not as fit as you. No, I'm not as good looking as you. No, I don't have a girlfriend. And the only time I give a flying fishstick about any of that is when I'm thinking about you.

And I'm sick of it.

So when you're ready to treat me like a normal human being - I'll welcome you back. I won't hold anything against you. I've lost too many friends that way.

I made an honest mistake. I'll admit it. Yup - I wasn't thinking when I went over that ridge. I'll own that. I owned it, swallowed it, and sprayed it out the other end a few hours later. But you could have addressed me like a human being. Oh, but right - I'm not as good as you. You're right. I deserved that. Yup... and when I'm bored, I'll come crawling back to you right? Hahaha.

Not this time.

You could have thought before you mentioned anything about SAR - you have NO idea what my "bear awareness" training consisted of. I'll give you a hint - "if you see a bear, take your co-ordinates, and your bearing to the animal, and phone it in. If it attacks you, fight back". The Effing End. I hate to offer advice, because if it's not being asked for, it's the worst thing you can offer to anybody. But because I'm sick of being a spineless, self-depricating push-over, I'll offer some for you here.

THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK.

I'm sorry Ok? I realize I made a mistake. Let's grow up and get on with our lives.

If you ever decide to treat me like a friend, and not a client - go ahead. I won't be waiting, but I'll take you back.

Until then, thanks for all the fish.


-Ryley


PS: I've been putting on downhill ski boots for YEARS longer then you have. I don't need to be lectured on how to do it. Again. Think about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home