Wednesday, July 11, 2012

**Your Name Here**

Good evening all,



**Ridge Walk - Canmore, AB - Photo by Andrew Brennan**

"A tourist has no idea where he's been. A traveller has no idea where he's going"
                                                -Somebody who isn't me


Tonight I will light up the blog-o-sphere with bright news: Over 3000 views since the blogs inception in 2006. I know that that doesn't seem like a lot to Tina Fe (or however you spell her name) who has millions of myspace friends or something, but to me that's a lot. Short of my short TV career (which lasted 62 seconds), that is the most number of times people have seen anything I have ever said or done. Anyways, I saw that a few minutes ago, and that made me happy, so I thought I'd post it here!

I went for a beautiful drive, out to my lookout point in the foothills to watch the sunset. It's been a long time since I've done that, and even longer since I've done it alone. I have to say it was a stunning sunset tonight, with the sun sinking into a scarlet haze that was settled just over the jagged peaks of our rocky mountains (as opposed to the rubbery mountains we have in the north... bleugh). The final rays dazzled crimson flavoured cotton candy clouds and the towering smoke-stacks of the oil refineries while the rest of the valley bottom fell into magic hour. I do appreciate sunsets.

I saw your silhouette (when I am able to spell this word without the help of spell check, I promise to tell you all) against the sky tonight. I suppose it's there every night seeing as I can't get you out of my head. It's nice. And I thought you were pretty before I saw the tattoo. But you're already taken. Not the first time...

I had a chat with a friend a while ago about the subject of relationships, and the way we deal with them going into, and during. I don't know if it's the echoing voice of my mother, the bland bored voice of a health teacher, or my own Inner Being that keeps telling me to never expect any romantic endeavour to last. (I spelled endeavour right!!!!) No matter how serious the relationship seems, no matter how perfect that person seems - never expect it to last.

**Mjólk fyrir ketti - Calgary, AB - Copyright 2012**

When I was talking with this much spoken-of friend, she seemed to think that one should enter a relationship from the standpoint of "This will last", "This person is perfect" etc... Totally opposite to what I think. It was interesting to hear her say this - this was the first time anybody had said this to me, and then I started to think - do I have it wrong? Is that why I've had the *cough* spectacular *cough not* success that I have had? Am I approaching everything from the wrong angle?

But then I put a few weeks between then and a much more recent then, and I was talking with a different friend, about the same subject, and they presented to me the same opinion that I had. I told them about this other theory (without mentioning who said it of course), and his response seemed interesting to me.

"Date somebody one day at a time. If you're having a blast, laughing lots, and getting that speechless feeling often, then maybe get together again tomorrow. If you're still having fun, get together next weekend. Take it one day at a time."

**Autumn Morning - Calgary, AB - Copyright 2012**

He continued for quite some time and elaborated, but none the less, that idea really stuck with me. It's like the best of both worlds. For myself, coming from a world of fear of being hurt (yes, that's the only reason I don't pursue anything romantic anymore because it's happened too many times), and yet an attitude of spontaneity (didn't spell that one right either) - this suddenly made a tonne of sense to me.

Anyways, thank you to the universe for dropping that one on my plate. It takes a lot of pressure off.

Anyways, it's getting late, and I should get going - alpine start tomorrow.


**A Tiger Sleeps In It's Jungle - Calgary, AB - Copyright 2012**


Ég ætla að taka bill klukkan hálf í sjú í Smith-Dorian á morgun.

Goða Nott!

-Zigs


"You Are Loved. All Is Well"


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home