Thursday, April 14, 2011

France France France

Hi everybody!

Welcome to my first post in-transit.

I must be quick, I appologize.

The one thing I want to mention before I go any further is that all photos on this Blog after this point will be original photos unless otherwise specified!

I am currently working my way up to Dieppe from Paris, where I will start my tour of the D-Day beaches. Paris was incredible! Biking around the streets and taking everything in was an experience unlike any I have ever had before!

I stayed with a wonderful man named Jean-Michel. I have to say - he is one of the nice-est people I have ever met. He believes solidly in the good nature of humanity, which is an incredible energy to be around! He lent me his second bike for the first few days until I was able to get a bike of my own, which was incredibly nice of him. The bike worked great - except for the brakes!!

So here I am rocketing into Paris - a downhill ride the whole way - with no brakes, passing the Louvre, Bastille, Notre Dame, the Eifel Tower, and countless other beautiful buildings, surounded with mopeds, bikes, and cobblestone streets.

And everyone here smokes! No matter what they are doing, people always find a way to have a ciggarette hanging out of their mouth!!

Anyways, I must go - more exploring to do.

Much love to everybody!

-Ryley

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home